The ResMed AirSense 10 Elite is a Fixed pressure therapy device.
The AirSense 10 Elite is able to deliver therapy at the most comfortable temperature and humidity levels when used with ResMed’s new integrated HumidAir™ heated humidifier and ClimateLineAir™ heated tube.
- Easy to use settings and logical menus
- ClimateLineAir™ heated tube
- MyAir personal data retrieval
- Built in ambient light sensor
- Integrated HumidAir™ humidifier
- Built-in ambient light sensor -The light level of the screen adjusts to the brightness of the room. So if you need to get up during the night, the screen’s back light won’t disrupt your bed partner.
- Easy-Breathe motor – This machine’s motor whisper-quiet, offering you and your bed partner a more peaceful night’s sleep.
- The SmartStart™ function – The SmartStart function begins your sleep apnea therapy as soon as you breathe into your mask. When you remove your mask, it stops automatically after a few seconds.
- Consistent humidification for increased comfort throughout the night with the integrated HumidAir™ humidifier. Add a ClimateLineAir™ heated tube to experience Climate Control technology, providing the ultimate in comfort.
What is CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)?
- CPAP is a small pump that delivers low pressure room air (not added oxygen), via a nose/mouth mask, to keep your throat open and eliminate snoring.
- CPAP will treat sleep apnoea and snoring immediately, however, some people take longer than others to experience the full benefit of therapy.
- CPAP is a therapy and should be used when sleeping or napping. Not using the device will result in a return of sleep apnoea, snoring and associated symptoms.
What is APAP (Automatic Positive Airway Pressure)?
- APAP is similar to CPAP, however, the pressure will vary during sleep in response to snoring, changes in body position (snoring and sleep apnoea can be worse on your back) and sleep stage (higher pressures are sometimes needed whilst dreaming).
- APAP may be tolerated better due to a lower average pressure, however, you can discuss the benefits of this therapy with a Qld Sleep scientist who will contact you following your test.
Who can prescribe CPAP/APAP?
- A prescription from Qld Sleep is required before commencing therapy, again via your sleep scientist, on completion of your sleep report.
How do I start CPAP/APAP Therapy?
- Sleep Healthcare Australia (SHA) is the treatment/ equipment retail supplier operated by Qld Sleep, and will work closely with your scientist to provide the best possible treatment outcome.
- SHA will obtain a validated prescription from Qld Sleep to ensure the mask and CPAP/APAP settings are correct.
- If you haven’t already made an appointment with SHA, your sleep scientist can assist, and answer any questions you may have.