Superior comfort. The AirFit F10 is small and lightweight, giving patients an added level of comfort and usability. It includes a dual-wall Spring Air™ cushion that is both comfortable and effective, and SoftEdge™ headgear that features slimmed-down straps for maximum comfort and fewer facial marks.
Proven performance. The unique frame and headgear work together to provide superior stability and performance. In fact, a study revealed a unanimous preference by patients over the market-leading compact full face mask in terms of seal.
Ultra quiet. Circular diffused venting gently directs exhaled air away from patients and their partner — creating a quiet, peaceful sleeping environment.
What is CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)?
- CPAP is a small pump that delivers low pressure room air (not added oxygen), via a nose/mouth mask, to keep your throat open and eliminate snoring.
- CPAP will treat sleep apnoea and snoring immediately, however, some people take longer than others to experience the full benefit of therapy.
- CPAP is a therapy and should be used when sleeping or napping. Not using the device will result in a return of sleep apnoea, snoring and associated symptoms.
What is APAP (Automatic Positive Airway Pressure)?
- APAP is similar to CPAP, however, the pressure will vary during sleep in response to snoring, changes in body position (snoring and sleep apnoea can be worse on your back) and sleep stage (higher pressures are sometimes needed whilst dreaming).
- APAP may be tolerated better due to a lower average pressure, however, you can discuss the benefits of this therapy with a Qld Sleep scientist who will contact you following your test.
Who can prescribe CPAP/APAP?
- A prescription from Qld Sleep is required before commencing therapy, again via your sleep scientist, on completion of your sleep report.
How do I start CPAP/APAP Therapy?
- Sleep Healthcare Australia (SHA) is the treatment/ equipment retail supplier operated by Qld Sleep, and will work closely with your scientist to provide the best possible treatment outcome.
- SHA will obtain a validated prescription from Qld Sleep to ensure the mask and CPAP/APAP settings are correct.
- If you haven’t already made an appointment with SHA, your sleep scientist can assist, and answer any questions you may have.